Yesterday I went to the French consulate in Washington D.C. The day was slightly overcast with a few showers, the perfect day to sit inside a car for a 6 hour round trip. I arrived at the consulate at 11:30am, the appointed time to arrive for a 12pm appointment. Thankfully, they allowed my mother to come in with me since I was fairly nervous about applying for my visa. When I finally was called up, everything went smoothly, until the lady at the first window asked me my origin. This stumped me until I realized that I am American. Then I was called to a second window and asked to present all the rest of my papers and then told to have a seat until called. After a short wait, the last lady called me up and said that all of my papers were in order and that my visa should arrive in a week or two. Well, I guess that means that it is now time to wait for the passport and visa to arrive. I am looking forward to this trip! Today I realized that it is a mere 2.5 months away! Time is moving quickly!
Thursday, June 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment