Friday, October 15, 2010
WOAH!
So today for the first time in my life I took on a very big adventure! I left my house in Nantes with Deb who dropped me at the tram stop Petite Porte and I boarded a very full tram! When I switched to the line 1 tram, I ended up being so squished that I fell over backward and landed on some guys bag. Thankfully they were nice enough to help me up! I finally made it to the train station where it was quite full and began my wait for the platform number to show up. Deb called me at about 6pm and told me that my train in the morning was for sure cancelled so I proceeded to validate my ticket and set my mind on getting to Paris. When the train showed up, I boarded the train and went straight to the bar car to wait and see if there would be an open seat. The ticket checkers came by and my ticket was punched without any questions, which caused me to breathe a sigh of relief. Once that was done, I found a seat across from two ladies and sat down to take a nap. When I awoke, the train employees came by again and asked where I was going. Because I had just woken up, I blankly looked at them trying to comprehend. Finally I realized what they were asking and told them that I was going to Paris Charles de Gaulle. Then they asked if I would mind moving so a mother and children could sit there. I said it was fine and moved to the next car for the remainder of the trip. I arrived at the airport and proceeded to follow the crowd of people and hope that I ended up near where I wanted to be. Eventually, I did. I waited for the shuttle and once it finally came, it took me straight to my hotel, Formula 1. Check in went fine and now I am here sitting on my double bed typing about this crazy adventure that I have just had! Tomorrow I head back to the airport to catch my flight to Milan where I will meet Aaron! Mark and Deb called and Mark said that I don't need a chaperon anymore because I am independent. I said, "I don't know about that!" This has definitely made me appreciate all that Mark and Deb do for us with coordinating everything. Here I am now, I guess I feel grown up now. It's kinda weird.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment