Well, I am settling into life here in Nantes, France over the past week! Classes have been going well. I take two from Dr. and Mrs. Reuber and then I have two classes via conference call back in the USA. I like them well enough. I enjoy having French/French culture classes everyday though! Today we went to ONIRIS which is the local university that we are affiliated with here in Nantes. At ONIRIS we received tours in English by the students there. They showed us what machines they worked on and how they worked, it was very neat! Tomorrow we are scheduled to have a picnic lunch with them and tour Chinese Dragon Boats.
We play soccer frequently over here, more so than I have recently at home which means that I am way out of shape for sprinting but I am working on getting in shape. Which is kinda difficult with all the bread, pastries, cakes and delicious food they have over here!
Today I was able to head to the laundry mat for the first time! Which was great because my thrifty packing lead to a smaller amount of clothes. Anyway it is Friday night and we are going to head down to Centre Ville to see what there is to do. On Sunday we have to introduce ourselves to the church in French, so you can pray for me concerning that!
(The photo on the left is from the Nantes Cathedral where we visited on Saturday and the photo on the right is from our trip to the beach.)

No comments:
Post a Comment