""Remember what Bilbo used to say: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.""

~J.R.R. Tolkien

Friday, September 3, 2010

HELLO NANTES


Well, It finally came! I arrive in Nantes, France on Wednesday September 1, 2010 at 4pm in the afternoon! The trip was very long! But we eventually arrived all in one piece! I have been adjusting well even with jet lag which did not seem to affect me to badly! I love my room here which is in my favorite colors! (blue and green) I also have two wonderful roommates! Becca and Christa! On Thursday we spent the day getting to know our neighborhood by walking around with maps and trying not to get lost! We followed that up with some classes in the afternoon and then headed over to learn how to use the tram system over here by heading out to dinner and to visit the grocery store. The store was probably one of the coolest stores I have ever been to in my whole life! Dr. and Mrs. Reuber had us find our own way back to the study center which thankfully went off without any problems! Today (Friday) we had our first quiz on Nantes history/geography of France. Then we immediately launched into a two hour language intensive session! Followed by lunch and then we headed to Centre Ville( downtown). We saw this fantastic Les Machines de L'Ile which is basically an old ship yard made up of simple machines that you can operate yourself. Very interesting!! pictures to come! Anyway after walking around more and seeing a Basillica, Cathedral and some beautiful gardens, we stopped for dinner at a Creperie. I had my first crepes here. A meal one (gallette) made of steak, cheese and onions. And a dessert one with lemon and whipped cream! All of it was very good! tres bon!
I love it here so far and look forward to more adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment